Home 9 Report a concern 

Report a concern

There are a number of ways to report a concern if you feel an adult is at risk of abuse and neglect. Find out how below.

In an emergency

If you have concerns about the immediate safety of an adult at risk then please contact the Police on 999.

How to report a concern

If you suspect an adult with care and support needs may be at risk of abuse or neglect, please use the ‘report an adult at risk form’ on liverpool.gov.uk.

If you need to report an urgent safeguarding concern and believe that an individual is at serious risk of harm which will require a response within 48 hours, please call 0151 233 3800.

What happens next?

Every concern raised about possible abuse of an adult at risk is taken seriously.

When a concern is raised it goes directly to the council’s adult access service to assess.

The wishes of the adult at risk will always be listened to and acted on, where possible, and then a decision will be made about what needs to happen next.

The next step may be a safeguarding enquiry, which is likely to involve further discussions with the adult and relevant agencies to ensure the adult’s safety. Any safeguarding plan will try to ensure the best possible outcome for the adult at risk.